- In a post, you can mention other users by including their usernames anywhere in the body of the post.
- If you include multiple usernames in your post, all of them will see your post in their timelines.
- Visiting another account’s profile page on GETTR will not display posts that mention them. But you can search for posts mentioning their usernames. Read more about using search.
How to Post a Mention
- Type your message in the post compose box.
- Type “@” before the username when addressing a particular user. Make sure there is no space left between "@" and the username. Example: "Hello @GETTR".
- Click Post to finish.
Note: If your post is a reply, the icon to post will say Reply. When posted, the username in your post will become a link to the account’s profile page.
How to Post a Link
All links (URLs) in each post on GETTR are not shortened. Characters in URLs will count towards the total character limit (777).
- Type or paste the URL into the post compose box.
- Tap/click the Post button to post your message and link.
URL safety tips:
- Some URLs can be harmful. Please be careful when clicking on links, especially ones that were shortened using an external link shortening service.
- Always check to see what website you're on before giving out your password or downloading any software.