What Is a Hashtag?
A hashtag is used to tag a post with a keyword or a topic. This tag makes it easier for everyone to discover subjects of their own interests.
How to Use Hashtags?
- To use a hashtag in your post/search, type the symbol # followed by the keyword you want to tag.
- Tapping/clicking on a hashtag will allow you to find other posts tagged with the same hashtag.
- Hashtags cannot contain spaces or punctuation.
- Hashtags appear blue and they can be included anywhere in a post.
- Tagging your post with hashtags will allow other people to find your post much easier.
- There is a wide variety of content on GETTR, but hashtags make it much easier to find specific content you're interested in.
Benefits of Using Hashtags
By including a hashtag in your post:
- Anyone who does a search for that hashtag may find your post.
- Anyone who clicks on a hashtagged word in any post will find other posts (likely including yours) that include this specific hashtag.
- If your hashtag becomes very popular, they are more likely to become one of the trending topics.